Friday, March 09, 2018

Landmarks Commission begins overhaul of application process | Crain's New York Business

I have to say this would be a very welcome development.  I recently had to help a business through a number of landmarks processes and all I can say is it took a LOT of time.  Thankfully this building did not require going through a public hearing, but I have to wonder how does it help the city?  It certainly doesn't keep the costs of maintaining the property down, and as a result Landmark Districts are among the most expensive to live in in the city.



I suspect this "overhaul" is going to consist of very low hanging fruit (such as the window review process mentioned in this article). But anything is better than nothing...



Landmarks Commission begins overhaul of application process | Crain's New York Business:



'via Blog this'

No comments: